How To Prepare For Surgery
Thank you for choosing Surgery Center of Volusia. If you have any questions about your appointment, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
The day before your visit a nurse will contact you to confirm your arrival time and possibly collect some of your medical information. Please arrive at the arrival time provided during this call since arrival times are often altered due to changes in your physician’s schedule. Upon checking in at Surgery Center of Volusia, our admissions staff will complete your registration process. Our financial staff will contact you a few days ahead of your visit to discuss any financial obligations. Please be sure to bring your insurance card(s), photo ID, and payment if any payment is due. We look forward to assisting in your healthcare needs.
- DO NOT EAT OR DRINK anything after midnight the night before surgery, unless otherwise instructed by your Physician.
- DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES for 24 hours prior to your surgery
- PLEASE wear loose, comfortable clothing
- PLEASE LEAVE ALL VALUABLES (i.e. jewelry, watches ) at home
- PLEASE REPORT any changes in your condition, such as an obvious respiratory infection or any other acute illness, to your physician
- PLEASE ARRANGE FOR A CARE GIVER to take you home and remain with you after discharge. All minors (17 years of age or younger) must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian
- BE SURE TO BRING your driver’s license or photo ID, insurance cards and any applicable copays
- PLEASE bring current list of medications with dosages.
- Blood Pressure, Heart, Seizure, Reflux and Thyroid medications should be taken with a “sip” of water the morning of the scheduled procedure.