How To Prepare For Surgery
- DO NOT EAT OR DRINK anything after midnight the night before surgery, unless otherwise instructed by your Physician.
- DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES for 24 hours prior to your surgery
- PLEASE wear loose, comfortable clothing
- PLEASE LEAVE ALL VALUABLES (i.e. jewelry, watches ) at home
- PLEASE REPORT any changes in your condition, such as an obvious respiratory infection or any other acute illness, to your physician
- PLEASE ARRANGE FOR A CARE GIVER to take you home and remain with you after discharge. All minors (17 years of age or younger) must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian
- BE SURE TO BRING your driver’s license or photo ID, insurance cards and any applicable copays
- PLEASE bring current list of medications with dosages.
- Blood Pressure, Heart, Seizure, Reflux and Thyroid medications should be taken with a “sip” of water the morning of the scheduled procedure.